Quick Release Box (QRB) / MWARS
The Martin-Baker Quick Release Box (QRB) is demonstrably easier to use for aircrew, has easier maintenance for the engineers and a reduced cost of ownership. Having listened to aircrew from around the world, the Martin-Baker QRB has the following features:
- Can be operated by either hand when strapping in or releasing
- Maintenance cycle up to 3 years
- Only a nut and washer need to be replaced during maintenance
- No special tools required
- Easily upgradable on all MB seats that have older/earlier QRBs
Currently fitted and flying with Mk10 for the Alpha Jet, Mk8 for T-37 and the following aircraft fitted with Mk16 ejection seats: Eurofighter Typhoon, PC-21, M-346, KT-1, LCA and JSF.
New Seat Installations & Retrofits
Looking to install a new seat into your aircraft? Let us help you find your perfect solution – check out our New Seat Installations & Retrofits page for more information.